intro

I started living in Changwon, South Korea as an American foreigner in early July 2012. These are my stories.

To view past adventures click here: Changwon Living Vol. 1 (Jul. - Nov. 2012)

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

JUNAM RESERVOIR

JUNAM RESERVOIR

Junam Reservoir is located just outside of Changwon. It is home to seasonally migratory birds that visit in the winter. The weather has been hovering around freezing so much of the reservoir was frozen over, but if you looked closely you could see birds swimming in the water about a foot away from birds standing on ice.  It was a particularly foggy day. I went with two Korean girls named Ellie (the girl with the red scarf) and Sally (the girl with the grey jacket). I know them because they are my friend's co-teachers. Ellie has a car and earlier in the week had suggested going out to Junam. I took her up on that offer to try to see the migratory birds.

Ultimately, because of the fog I couldn't see much of anything but it was still a nice outing.

Also a note about Korean women's fashion: Just because you are going out in nature doesn't mean you are absolved from being fashionable! Note how both women are wearing high heeled boots. I got a kick out of that,



No comments:

Post a Comment